My friends, scripture seems to zoom in on Pentecost as a possibility for the appointed time of the rapture of the Church. I encourage you to study it for yourself, testing these things against the Word of God while praying for understanding. We cannot be dogmatic about a particular day, time, or year, but we can observe the signs and study the Bible diligently. Ready?
In the Feasts of the Lord – God’s Appointed Times (https://redmoonrapture.org/2017/07/19/the-feasts-of-god/), we discussed that God has set appointed times on His calendar from the beginning of creation. He penned these in as sure as His finger traced the Law on tablets of stone. They are important scheduled “meetings” for God and humanity – the divine redemptive encounters!
Genesis 1:14 declares “And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years”.
All the Feasts (appointed times) are amazing to study. Every time these festivals are celebrated, it is a visual and spiritual aid to remind humanity of the prophetic plan of God. Today, however, I want to zoom in specifically on Pentecost. Pentecost seems to be the Feast which brackets the mysterious church age – the great pause in God’s workings with the nation of Israel.
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. (Romans 11:25)
Now, look, my friends, how Peter quoted Joel 2 in Acts 2:
But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
[start of church age]
17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
[end of church age]
The question we must ask is, why did Peter stop where he did? We know that only verses 28-29 were fulfilled in his day. Why did he include verses 30-32a, but leave off 32b? If he was just referencing the entire prophecy, surely he would have included verse 32b as well.
Put another way, if the ending of the church age has nothing to do with Pentecost, why didn’t Peter stop quoting Joel after verse 29?
I believe Peter may be clearly defining the ending of the church age for us, on Pentecost. That’s why he included verses 30-32a in his sermon, on Pentecost. I can think of no other reason why he would include verses 30-32a and leave off 32b. He did NOT include verse 32b, as that part will be fulfilled at the second coming.
I have somewhat of a summary here, Everything You Need to Know About Pentecost, the Feast That Ties Everything Together For the Church, (https://redmoonrapture.org/2018/04/27/everything-you-need-to-know-about-pentecost-the-feast-that-ties-everything-together-for-the-church/) if you are more interested in the big picture.
If you like to know the details, these posts provide greater depth. You may in particular be interested in the trumpets, and the last trump – which might not be related to the Feast you think it is (#6,7,8). As far as the Last Trump and the Last Day, I would encourage you to think about what might be the First Trump and the First Day… as that will give you clues as to what the “Last” refers to (see #7,9)
- The Giving of the Law, The Giving of Grace (https://redmoonrapture.org/2020/04/09/the-giving-of-law-the-giving-of-grace-pentecost-study-part-1/)
- The Feast That Marks Dispensation Changes and Birthdays (https://redmoonrapture.org/2020/04/13/the-feast-that-marks-dispensation-changes-and-birthdays-pentecost-study-part-2/)
- Pentecost Prophecies (disusses more of Peter’s quoting of Joel 2 in Acts 2 and what that might mean for us) (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/pentecost-part-3-pentecost-prophecies/)
- A Picture of a Pentecost Rapture in Hebrews 12? (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/22/pentecost-part-7-a-picture-of-a-pentecost-rapture-in-hebrews-12/)
- Pentecost, Joel 2, and the Coming of the Day of the Lord (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/pentecost-part-8-pentecost-joel-2-and-the-coming-of-the-day-of-the-lord/)
- The Trumpets and the Feasts (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/pentecost-part-9-the-trumpets-and-the-feasts/)
- The First Trump and the Last Trump – On Pentecost? (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/pentecost-part-10-the-first-trump-and-the-last-trump-on-pentecost/)
- God’s Battle Cry in the Last Trump (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/26/pentecost-part-11-gods-battle-cry-in-the-last-trump/)
- Resurrection on the Last Day (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/26/pentecost-part-13-the-resurrection-on-the-last-day/)
- The Day the Skies Open – Pentecost (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/26/pentecost-part-15-the-day-the-skies-open/)
These definitely need to be developed further and rewritten, but here is what I have:
- Temples of God and the Removal of the Restrainer – on Pentecost? (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/23/pentecost-part-4-temples-of-god-and-the-removal-of-the-restrainer/)
- Pentecost – Another Feast of Unknown Day and Hour? (https://redmoonrapture.org/2020/04/21/another-feast-of-unknown-day-hour-pentecost-study-part-3/)
- God’s Covenant Changes on Pentecost – It’s All About the Blood (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/04/22/pentecost-part-6-gods-covenant-changes-on-pentecost-its-all-about-the-blood/)
As far as WHEN is Pentecost, I discuss it in the post of “Another Feast of Unknown Day/Hour” above, but also here – Chasing Pentecost 2020 (https://redmoonrapture.org/2020/04/19/chasing-pentecost-2020/). Is it possible that Pentecost might be on June 6, based on the calendar in the sun, moon, and stars? I am not sure, but Barry Awe explores this unusual approach to correcting the calendar here: The Heavens Declare the Glory of God! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxVMSebUFQ)
Lastly, while I believe the prophetic “blood moon sign” is clearly seen upon our departure, I want to assure you that my rapture view is completely pre-tribulation. I just see all 7 seals as restraining the opening of the scroll of the end until the appointed time. When the time comes, all 7 seals will be opened. Each seal is currently restraining a certain action, which will then play out upon the earth while we are safely tucked into our chambers (rooms) in heaven, which Jesus has prepared for us.
Seals, Sealing, and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2018/02/23/seals-sealing-and-the-ministry-of-the-holy-spirit-the-unsealing-of-the-scroll/)
True believers are not appointed to wrath, but will escape all these things that are coming upon the earth – not by our own merit, but by being covered by the blood of the Lamb.
The Overcomers – Studying the Letters to the Churches in Revelation 2&3 (https://redmoonrapture.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/who-is-worthy-to-escape-all-these-things/?preview_id=1752&preview_nonce=efde802d60)
Well, You Did Ask For a Sign – https://redmoonrapture.org/2020/05/20/signs-of-the-times/
Link to a list of all posts – https://redmoonrapture.org/literal-end-times-prophecy-model/
Blessed Assurance – A Guide to Rapture Readiness – https://redmoonrapture.org/2019/03/15/blessed-assurance-a-guide-to-rapture-readiness/