We stand at the edge of a precipice.
The feeling is electric – the anticipation of war, economic collapse, natural disasters, global uncertainty. It is being felt in all religions and in all communities. I am here to tell you that the feelings of humanity are correct. “The Apocalypse” is almost upon us.
Humanity has almost filled the cup of God’s wrath with its wickedness – how many sins remain until the cup is full? God is about to act swiftly and decisively. Life as we know it is going to suddenly and permanently change. Every single human being on the planet will be affected. It will be a time of chaos, destruction, and confusion. Fortunately, God has not left us in the dark about what is to come. While most religions delineate vague notions of an “end times scenario”, the Bible is very detailed and specific about what is going to come upon the earth.
It is in God’s character to issue warnings before acting in judgment. He gives signs heralding His interventions on the earth.
Indeed, the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing His counsel to His servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7 ESV)
God has only issued global judgment one other time – in the days of Noah. At that time, He called Noah forth to be a preacher of righteousness. Noah preached of the upcoming flood while he built the ark over a number of decades. It does not specify how long the ark took to build, but we can assume a long time frame – up to 120 years (Gen 6:3) – given that it was done by hand and with little help. The ark bore witness as a warning, accompanied by Noah’s declarations according to the Word of God.
The Bible tells us that the upcoming judgment of the earth by fire will be “as in the days of Noah”, when the world was judged by water. This alludes to a few different things, but in this post I will focus on the signs that God gives in order to provide humanity with the opportunity to repent and escape all that will be coming upon the world.
Signs in Israel and the Nations
Let’s look at the signs in Israel and the nations, described by God as heralding his upcoming time of wrath on the whole earth. For further details on each sign, click on its name:
- The Fig Tree sign – Jesus tells His disciples that when they “see the fig tree leaf out”, they would know that the time of His coming was near. Many prophecy scholars agree that this sign refers to Israel’s rebirth in May 1948.
- Israel Reborn – Regardless of whether or not the fig tree refers to Israel, Israel’s rebirth as a nation after 2000 years of not being one is a flashing neon light! The Kingdom of Heaven is Near!!!
- Jerusalem Recaptured – Jerusalem features heavily in end times prophecy. The 6 day war of 1967 was very significant prophetically! It’s possible that war fulfilled Psalm 83; alternately, the complete fulfillment of Psalm 83 may be yet future.
- Jewish Aliyah – Along with the re-establishment of Israel as a physical/political nation, God’s chosen people are foretold to return to the Promised Land. This has been slowly but surely occurring over the last 120 years or so, with approximately 45% of the world’s Jewry living in Israel at this time (2016).
- The Third Temple – We know from the book of Daniel, the gospels, and Revelation that there will be a functioning Jewish Temple during the “70th Week of Daniel“. While the Temple has not yet been built, the plans are complete, Levite priests are trained, and Temple equipment/furniture is made.
- Apostasy in the Church – It seems that as we approach Christ’s second coming, churches will fall away from preaching sound doctrine. Instead, they will focus on a social gospel that “tickles men’s ears” (tells them what they want to hear to feel good).
- Immorality in Society – Society will move further and further away from God and His laws/morals. We see this most clearly in the last several decades through Abortion (1.5 billion since 1980), Homosexuality (general worldwide acceptance in non-Muslim nations), and Human Euthanasia (legal in some nations, including Canada).
- As in the Days of Lot – Society will be marked by violence, homosexuality, and sexual immorality.
- As in the Days of Noah – Society will be marked by violence, DNA manipulation, and sexual immorality.
- Knowledge Will Increase – In the latter days, people will travel “to and fro” and knowledge will increase. We are approaching a “technological tower of Babel” situation!
- The Gospel Will be Preached to All Nations – While there are still unreached people groups within nations, the gospel has been successfully taken to all nations around the globe. The gospel will continue to be preached during the coming times of tribulation.
- Labor pains – are often used to describe the beginning of the “end times”.
Wars, and Rumors of Wars
There are a number of prophetic wars that will occur during the time of the end. As the players maneuver into position, we can see that the time is near.
- Overview of Coming Prophetic Wars
- Nation Rising Against Nation, Kingdom Rising Against Kingdom – WW3
- The Destruction of Damascus – Isaiah 17
- Arab-Israeli Promised Land War of Psalm 83
- The Gog and Magog War of Ezekiel 38 & 39
- Connecting Isaiah 17, Psalm 83, Ezekiel 38&39
God uses signs in the heavens as announcements:
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years… (Genesis 1:14 ESV)
- Star of Bethlehem – God announced the arrival of His Son to the world the first time through a great star sign. This, of course, was the birth of Jesus.
- A Great Sign in the Sun, Moon, and Stars – It appears God may be announcing the imminent rapture of the church and the nearness of His Second Coming through a great sign in the sun, moon, and stars described in Revelation 12:1-2. This great sign appeared in the sky on September 23, 2017. Interestingly, satan seems to think September 23 was an important date as well.
- A Solar Eclipse and the Season of Repentance – There are many who believe the total solar eclipse over the USA on August 21, 2017 was a final warning to Gentile nations.
- Planet X/Nibiru – If there is a mysterious Planet X, God has created it and appointed it for a specific purpose.
God issues mathematical calculations of His arrival:
- God’s 7000 Year Calendar – While God is outside of time, He has allotted humanity 7000 years of existence. We are on the brink of 6000 years – the last 1000 years will be Jesus’ Millennial Kingdom!
- Triumphal Entry – Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem was foretold in the 70 Weeks of Daniel prophecy. This is why Jesus mourns over Jerusalem when He enters it – they should have known on that very day that He was their Messiah.
- Ezekiel’s 430 Days of Laying – It appears that the rebirth of Israel, to the very year, was foretold 2500 years ago through the prophet Ezekiel.
- The Generation sign – Jesus tells His disciples that “this generation will certainly not pass away before all these things are accomplished”. The phrase “all these things” encompasses the signs He just mentioned, including the fig tree sign, the events during the “tribulation”, and His second coming. Many prophecy scholars agree that this sign refers to the generation being born during the time of Israel’s rebirth, and that this specific generation will not die before Jesus’ second coming. The length of a generation is defined in Psalm 90 as 70-80 years.
- Great Pyramid of Egypt – It appears that certain dates may point to the possible advent of Jesus – both His first and second comings – in the mathematics of the Great Pyramid. The angles in the corridors of the pyramid point to certain stars/constellations only on specific dates and years.
Who Are the Signs For?
Sometimes there is resistance to looking for signs from God. As 1 Corinthians 1:22 states, Jews seek after signs, and Gentiles seek after human wisdom. Opposition to “watching” suggests that “signs” are given to Israel, not gentiles. This is actually true, for the most part. The Revelation 12 sign was visible from Jerusalem. The fig tree sign, Israel’s rebirth, Jewish aliyah, the Third Temple, all have to do with Israel. The Star of Bethlehem was given to Israel. But, it was the GENTILE MAGI who paid attention to the star sign. These wise men traveled far with exceedingly great gifts to give the King announced by the star. Israel should have been watching Jesus closely from the moment of His birth. The angels’ announcements, the miraculous conception, the fulfillment of His birth in Bethlehem… all these were obvious signs. Signs which apparently went largely unnoticed. While the signs may be meant for Israel, they are not hidden from gentile eyes.
Jesus gives the command repeatedly – WATCH! This is for all who call on His name, all believers. We are to be AWAKE and READY at all times. I say to you again – WATCH!
It is nearly impossible to keep track of all the signs heralding that the Kingdom of God draws near. Several of the signs are very specific, and many of the signs are more general. While prophecy scholars disagree on the finer points of how it actually may play out, they do agree that the convergence of signs on our generation is significant. Across the entire span of humanity – religious and nonreligious alike – there is a hushed sense of imminent change. Even secular society can’t help itself and unknowingly points to the time of the end.
God is issuing YOU one final offer. It is no coincidence that you are on this page. He is offering you this choice because He loves YOU. He wants you in His family. But He loves you enough to let you CHOOSE. He will hold you accountable for your choice.
The one true God personally loves YOU more than you could ever imagine!
Are you CERTAIN of your Salvation, beyond a shadow of a doubt? Do you KNOW that no matter when the rapture occurs, you will be counted worthy to escape? If not, please read What Must I do to Be Saved.
Recommended Prophecy Watching Sites:
- Revelation 12 Daily
- Watch For The Day – especially recommended if you like numbers/patterns
The Bible is infallible. I am not. I am merely challenging traditional models and testing them against Scripture. I believe that traditional pretribulation teachings provide a solid backbone upon which to lay the musculature of details, some of which I think might need to be adjusted slightly. I encourage you to consider my thoughts as you also examine the scriptures to see if these things are so!